Saturday, October 07, 2006

Take a Hike!

In general, I value the process more than the goal; the fishing more than the catching; and, for me, the journey is the destination.
The Joy Is In The Journey...
Except when hiking
The view from the top of Ui (oo-ee) mountain was incredible, but the path to get there was breathtaking in the most exhausting form of the word! Yes, the scenery on the way up was photo-worthy, but only as a destination in itself-- after the shutter snapped, the journey started again and all the peace, happiness, and color fell out of it. You might say I'm overstating the matter, but I say I'm still sore
Then I look at the pictures again-- this time, the destination was worth it all the way up and eventually, my muscles will forgive me for the journey.






It was apparent at the base gate that the Autumn colors are a-changing


Smokey and Lil' Smokey-- only YOU can prevent forest fires!

watch that 37,463,847,629,475th step is a doosie!

I MADE IT!!

we had the chance to watch these rock climbers from a perfect angle-- someday I'd love to get up there, but it will require a guide and some rental climbing gear!




pack all these people, cars, and industries on a small peninsula and pollution WILL result!


Mr Anderson: Art teacher and fellow Yoga buddy
Take a rock and stack it-- add your story to the pile

can you see the face?



It's MY "the city!" (ask a Tick fan if you don't get it =)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I can't believe you climbed to the top of that rock! Brownie

Tammi said...

oops, I'll have to add more captions here! We didn't do the rock-climbing expedition to the tip of the tall rock-- we just enjoyed the view of others and dream of going back with guides and proper equipment =)