Thursday, January 18, 2007

Instruments of Blessing

James 1:17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.


When I came to Korea, I had to leave my guitar at home, but for the sake of sanity, I knew I would need to find one for "music therapy" sessions on a regular basis. I also knew that God would provide, but, as always, I just figured that He would provide the way and means to buy one.

Much like the bike that found me, God brought a beautiful guitar to me! Looking back at the bike adventure, I see a toungue-in-cheek faith that My Provider would bring a guitar to me when I needed it... Not only did He prove faithful yet again, but with His own tongue-in-cheek plan, for He gave me friends and a church to share music with, put me in proximity to someone who can find good used instruments, blessed me with funds to buy a guitar, and then handed it over for free!

Maybe it's from being without for so long, maybe it's the confidence that comes from being trusted with a blessing so big, maybe it's just another step in this life-adventure of getting over myself, but the GREAT thing is that I'm not as tentative about playing. Not doing anything grand, but just strumming some worship songs in someone's living room, or picking some folk tunes for a sing-along next door-- there's joy in this blessing and freedom in this gift!

May this instrument-child of His be faithful to use HIS instrument for her Father's ultimate glory!

No comments: