Tuesday, September 05, 2006

How Time Flies!

Yet another of life's ironies: The times when there is the most going on, there is the least amount of time to write about it

This week has been so full, but good.
  • Had my first kinda homesick day-- VERY tired after school, and every little thing seemed so much bigger because all of you are there and I'm here. Took a nap and that took the exahsted/hopeless/pity-party edge off, but I do miss you guys-- your pictures on my wall don't quite take the place of actually seeing you in person!
  • Getting a better handle on the learning levels of my students and some idea of how to progress through our material.
  • Got my checking account, spent big money at Costco to outfit my place a bit more (3 cheers for swiffers, syrup, honey, and of course, the big bag of croutons )
  • Took a yoga class from one of the teachers in my building. Oh My! It was SO relaxing, but my muscles were quite aware of the work they had accidentally done while I was relaxing!
  • Rode the bike a whole bunch this weekend (about 10 miles all together) and hopped off the bike path to explore some areas in Uijeongbu and Seoul-- again, so relaxing on the bike path!
  • Went to Yangsan-- the electronics center of the universe! This place was amazing with outdoor stalls and shops selling cheaper-than-normal computers/parts/cords/DVDs/stereos/cameras/mp3s/TVs/etc. and then a 9 level indoor electronics city lighted and sparkling everywhere like a jewelery store, but the cases were full of cutting edge cameras/mp3's/cellphones/etc.
  • Baskin Robbin's ice cream-- yum! (all you "chocolate peanutbutter" 31 flavors fans will understand my sadness-- they don't have it here)
  • The work continues on the mud-slide hill right out my wall of windows, but now, they're getting started on the basketball court they plan to put up there and having to break through rock to flatten the area. This translates to a constant, pulsating, staccato pounding all day from 7am-7pm! It fades into the background, but makes us all a little jittery and edgy by the end of the day.
  • Had 2 co-workers over for dinner last night-- quite fun cook for other people and just hang out for a while =)
  • Gonna be late for school if I don't scoot, so I'll update again when I can
Love you all!

No comments: