Monday, December 18, 2006

Off to Thailand!

True to form, I have left all the details for leaving town until the last second (resulting in pulling an all-nighter before departure!) It's hard to believe I'm actually jumping on a plane to go to yet another foreign country. This is normal in my new world where travel is fairly convenient and getting to "faraway" places is not out of the question, the question instead is, "why would you stay home?" I was surprised how it really feels like home here as I say goodbye to church friends and co-workers for a couple weeks-- a little bit sad to be away!

Though I won't see a white Christmas on the beaches of Phuket, Thailand, we did see about 3 inches fall overnight (of course, the snow wouldn't think of falling in inches here, only centimeters are allowed as long as it's below 0 Celsius-- not Fahrenheit =) A few pics from my window show our winter wonderland....





















An icy, snowy, slippery commute to church today convinced Sylvia and I that sandy beaches were definitely going to be nice! I have no idea if I'll be able to connect to the Internet while I'm away, but if not, I'll be back just before the end of the year with lots of pictures to post and some fun stories, I hope.

No comments: