Monday, December 11, 2006

One More Week...

This is our final week of school before the long Winter break! The week will be filled with drama productions, concerts, and practices to get ready for them. It will be a more laid-back week in the classroom as a result. Our Staff Christmas party was quite fun-- many Korean delicacies prepared by the mothers (my first taste of sushi!) and a fun gift exchange with no rules "because it's Christmas."

One week from today, I'll be boarding a plane to Phuket Thailand where Sylvia and I will relax on the beach, read, catch up on sleep, and generally enjoy the warm weather; Christmas day we'll move from Phuket to Bangkok to spend a few more days being proper tourists taking in all the sights and boosting the local economy ... not too much!

Then I'll have a week at home before school starts again, time to explore yet unvisited corners of Seoul, a New Year's Eve bash with my church, and baptism the first Sunday of the new year. It's true, I've never been baptized-- denominational hazard -- but it's time, and then I will begin to be involved in ministry at my church (music and youth Bible study in English).
Oh! and I'll have a new-to-me guitar by then too! One of the worship leaders at church offered to help me find a good used guitar to buy (he's got connections!), but now, someone is giving him one, so he's passing the free gift along to me!! Again, God has provided beyond my wildest prayer!

This year has flown by with so many new experiences and 2007 already promises to hold more of the same! I'm thankful for some down-time to reflect on the year and make some new goals for the coming year. Goals-- not New Year's Resolutions-- completely different! Goals last a whole week longer than resolutions

No comments: