Friday, April 06, 2007

Friday Feast

{Featured Flickr Feast by Pastor Rob}

Appetizer
When you travel, which mode of transportation do you prefer?

I'd love to take a train sometime (that might be my favorite =) But nothing beats an airplane for long distance and a car with untinted, clean windows for photo ops when on a local tour.

Soup
Have you ever met a blogging friend in person?

Not exactly Blogger, but from the online world, yeah! I met a great Korean woman through SKYPE and we chatted a few times. On my birthday in November, we were chatting and she asked what I was doing to celebrate; I was meeting co-workers at a local restaurant for dinner, so I asked if she could come. She did and we recognized each other from the little headshots we'd seen of each other. Such a great birthday gift (and she brought an amazing cheesecake too!)

Salad
When was the last time you were really, really tired?

The night before leaving for Thailand, I had left WAY to many preparations for the last minute, so I ended up staying up all night to finish and catch our flight early in the morning-- my brain ceased to function long before I found sleep again and I'm afraid I wasn't a real fun travelling companion those first few hours!

Main Course
If you could have dinner with any one fictional character from a book or movie, who would it be?

Beatrix Potter. Her books are imaginative and cute, but the movie Miss Potter really clinched it for me! It seems she was a spunky, creative businesswoman in a time when it was only acceptable to be reliant on marriage and family for happiness and support. Her stories show a little of that spunk and humor, so I'm ready to believe that the movie captured at least partial reality. So, is it dinner with the REAL Miss Potter, or the movie character? Maybe both-- I'd love to listen to the conversation they would have =)

Dessert
Fill in the blank: One day, I hope to see ___the first bound copy of a book with my name in the place reserved for the author-- or better yet, a copy of that book on someone else's bookshelf__!

No comments: