Monday, August 14, 2006

Answer to prayer!!!

One of the teachers on my floor is going to be my church buddy! She is Korean by blood, but was born and raised in Canada; she came to Korea for international school when she was a teenager and then came back here after college. Anyway, she knows Korean, and fits well in both cultures, so she was asking if there was anything I was having a hard time finding here. I said I wanted to find an international church or English service or something and she said she wanted to try one she had just heard about-- it's the same one I found (see previous post). Isn't God great?!?

Sylvia is excited to show off all Seoul has to offer, so she and I went into town tonight to browse around this huge shopping district with a gigantic department store (the whole store is in little departments that operate separately, but it's not a mall), movie theater, and more food options than you could eat in a month! We had Vietnamese in downtown Korea-- it was delicious! This is her second year here at the school, but she's been all over the world and lived in many places.

Thanks for all your prayers! God is making straight the way and smooth the path for the transition to living here. Classes will be starting in 2 days and my head is spinning with all that needs to be done, can't be done yet, and all that will be added very soon! We'll be changing around class lists and class outlines until next month, I think, so it's a little stressful not knowing exactly how to prepare, yet knowing that there's no time left to prepare for what I can't know yet anyway! It's similar to what we dealt with at my previous school, but this time I'll be teaching second language learners in a culture not my own... this should be good =)

There are a few of us here who realize we can let school eat us alive if we're not careful, so I think we'll be able to supply good support and accountability for each other. My experiences up to this point have prepared me for where I am now, and the place I find myself has been prepared by the ONE who brought me here, so no matter what stress mounts in my little world, the peace that passes understanding is over all of it! It's not only true in Korea-- God is in control of your world too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved reading your blog this morning...what a good way to communicate to all of us! You, My Dear, are a writer! :o) Expect me to check in daily, and to pray daily. I love you...Brownie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.