Saturday, August 26, 2006

T minus WEEKEND!!!

It's the weekend after the first full week of classes-- we all survived =)

When I realize it's only been 3 weeks since I woke up here for the first time, it's hard to believe all the things I've learned, done, and seen!

Highlights of this week:
~Remembering a tiny percentage of the names I need to know.

~Getting started as a sponsor teacher for the "Insider" student magazine team (published at least twice a year, it's a compilation of student writing and news.)

~Giving my seniors their first "hard" quiz of the year

~Joining the Speech & Debate program to help coach students for upcoming meets.

~Went out alone and walked the town one evening-- explored back roads, people watched, and used my 2 Korean phrases lots of times!

~We had a TGIF BBQ on the school terrace (Western burgers and Korean bulgogi along with a huge pot-luck spread!) with ALL the staff from teachers to office staff to security guards and school board-- here that's a big deal because it also means a mix of Canadians, Americans, Australians, Koreans, etc. and not everyone speaks English; but there are enough interpreters to go around and we even got to know the cleaning ladies =) It was hours of enjoyable time spent with new friends. I was too tired to join the impromptu Nori-Bang trip (that's a place with karaoke rooms for groups to use for entertaining themselves), but I expect they had a lot of fun and I'll go next time...

~I'm now certified as a registered alien and I have the card to prove it. I don't have to hide that third eye anymore!

~We're looking into a Christmas break trip somewhere, maybe Thailand, Japan, somewhere South Korea, or other places unknown.... we'll see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tammi,
I've been checking your blog every day, it's cool to be "sharing" some of this with you. Andy and I went to an authentic Korean restaurant last night and I kept thinking, "I wonder if Tammi is eating this?" My prayers and thoughts are with you, and I'll be sure to let you know when baby #2 gets here. Love, Mindy

Tammi said...

Thanks for checking in Minners =)
Korean food is very fun-- no room for being too picky, but something new around every corner.

So many adventures in your world too! I'm excited to hear about your new digs-- have any pictures yet? Praying your baby arrives healthy and ready to be loved by big brother!