Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday Feast


I just stumbled across this Friday Feast thing in blog world. Each Friday someone puts together a list of questions to answer giving insight into the blogger's mind-- looks kinda fun, I'll give it a try...

Appetizer
Do you button shirts top-to-bottom or bottom-to-top?
I belong to the "only unbutton what you need to get out of it" club-- that's right, my shirts stay buttoned even in the wash! So, I start in the middle and work my way up.

Soup
What is your favorite sandwich?
Ham and swiss. Boring, I know, but in Korea, non-processed ham and cheese is hard to find and very expensive when I do, so this is a delicacy!

Salad
What was a family project you helped work on as a child?
Rebuilding a hi-lo camp trailor that my dad's family wrecked when he was a kid. Dad spent hundreds of hours out in the summer heat ripping that thing apart and putting it back together. Sometimes I would brave the July sun to help, but I always got bored, tired, or cranky long before he finished for the day. This was the summer I learned to measure twice and cut once

Main Course
When have you acted phony?
In middle and high school there were many times that I played dumb a little bit. I didn't want to stand out, and the best way to get lost in the crowd academically was to be mediocre. Most of the time this was convenient because procrastination is my middle name and that makes for mediocre work, but when faced with a point-blank question from friends or teachers, I would sometimes answer "I don't know" when I realized that I might be one of the three people in the room who could answer.
OK, so it didn't end with graduation-- I've pretended ignorance on occasion since then... nobody likes a know-it-all! And I don't know it all! I tell myself it's for the comfort of others in the room, but it's really just me being selfish or lazy.

Dessert
Do you write letters or postcards? If so, to whom?
I write letters to my friends when I think they need encouragement or when God gives me something to say to them. To my friends and family living 5,000 miles away, I usually e-mail these letters.
Post cards should be flowing in a steady stream to folks back home since I'm in a postcard worthy place, but I've never sent the stack I bought when I got here-- does this blog count as a postcard?

Didn't think so

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics, Chappie