Monday, February 26, 2007

Will I Ever Learn?

You would think I would have made the connection by now!
NO EGGS ON MONDAYS!!!
After the prior Monday-egg-mishap, I should just stay away, but NOOOO, do I listen to that little illogical superstitious voice in my head? of course not!

Today, it was only one egg that met its demise on the counter instead of in the bowl for my french toast pleasure. I knocked it lightly on the counter and it shattered, leaving the contents to ooze down the front of the counter on the floor, etc. As I stared in disbelief, I realized that once again I pushed my luck on a Monday after a not-so-lucky weekend.

I'm looking forward to the end of this day already! I'll make my students do most of the talking to give my achy chest a break and practice smiling when I don't feel like it-- maybe I'll just remember the egg

Have a good Monday when it comes around for you-- and beware the evil eggs!

No comments: